Hi there! I’m Amanda, wife to my high school sweetheart, J, momma to two precious little girls — who I affectionately call Mini Me and Little Miss — and DIY addict. I am just your average stay-at-home mom finding a place in this creative world. I love to get covered in sawdust, man the jigsaw, and drill holes like a boss!
I also like to celebrate the little victories in life with parties. My favorite parties so far have been Mini Me’s first birthday, finding out the gender of our littles, and this woodland baby shower for my sister. Everyone deserves a party and I LOVE to throw them! Watching all the little details come together is my absolute fav! I wrote an ebook, The Ultimate DIY Party Planning Tool, to help take the guesswork out of party planning. Want a sneak peek? Download a sample chapter here!
I have a love-hate relationship with decorating my home. I have commitment issues and am scared to hang things up in our home worried that they won’t be in the perfect spot.
Here’s ten things you might not know about me:
My husband and I have actually known each other since diapers growing up at church together. We were best friends for years before we ever started dating.
I studied gerontology in college (old people) and love hanging out with our residents at my family’s retirement community, where I worked before becoming a SAHM.
I get paid to play on Pinterest. I work part-time for Simple Pin Media and manage blogger’s Pinterest accounts. It’s pretty much the best side gig, ever!
I’ve been to Africa twice and can’t wait for the day when I get to go back with my family and experience the culture together.
I’m a picture addict! It’s a real problem. I don’t have a great memory, so pictures are a great way to document those little things in life. I love creating photobooks documenting special events in our life and I use Chatbooks to remember the little moments in life that I’ve shared on Instagram. P.S. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, you can follow along here.
Christmas is, hands down, my absolute favorite holiday! I look forward to it all year long and start listening to Christmas music on an almost daily basis in July.
I am addicted to all things chocolate and peanut butter. My favorite treats are dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe’s.
I am fueled by hazelnut coconut milk lattes and breakfast sandwiches from Starbucks. Yum!
I am a birth story junkie. I love reading how parents welcome their littles into this world and how every story is different. Sidenote: I was made to have babies, just not to push them out. Both my girls were born after less than 10 minutes of pushing, but both times I have torn really bad, however, it doesn’t stop me from wanting more babies.
My ultimate dream in life has always been to be a mom. Ask anyone who knew me growing up…I spent almost every weekend night in junior high and high school babysitting, Sunday mornings snuggling babies in the nursery, and I spent lots of time dreaming up future baby names. I love that I am finally a mom, but sometimes I get nervous that I’m not living in the moment and enjoying it now that I’m here. I’m a work in progress.
So, now that you know a lot more about me…what about A Crafted Passion. Well….
A Crafted Passion is:
• a place to feel empowered to conquer projects to create for your home.
• a place to find encouragement in your daily life as you journey through motherhood, whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or work outside the home, we’re all in it together. I hope to inspire you to tackle life creatively and find time for yourself.
• a place to find inspiration to create and decorate for your home and celebrate with your family the little joys in life.
A Crafted Passion is not:
• just another DIY blog — I am committed to showing you how to create, amazing projects you can be proud of. They may not all be accomplished in an evening, but by the time you’re done with these projects you will feel so awesome for doing it!
• a recipe blog — I can make a mean hazelnut coconut milk latte that I try to devour before the children wake up in the morning, but that’s about the extent of my food skills. I am not ashamed to admit that my husband makes about 90% of the meals in our home. I pour cereal, scramble eggs, and make PB&J like every other #hotmessmama. If you’ve come here looking for recipes, I’m sorry to let you know you probably want to keep on looking.
So, there we have it. I’m so glad to have you here!
If you want to stay up-to-date on all things A Crafted Passion, I’d love for you to join my newsletter list where I share special tips and tricks that I typically don’t share on the blog. You can sign up right here.
Want to check out some popular posts? These are some of my favorite blog posts I’ve done and the most popular ones on A Crafted Passion: