It’s the time of year where we’re starting to think about calendars again and needing to decide between a wall calendar or desk calendar or inspirational or photos of the kids or…..
But what if you didn’t have to decide each year?
This perpetual desk calendar is like the best thing since sliced bread. I mean, rotate the square dowels each month and you’re golden. As long as you know what month and year it is…cha-ching.
Let me show you how to make your own.
Instructions to make your perpetual desk calendar
1. Cut 1 – 1/2” dowel with 45 degree angled ends 3 3/4” long
2. Cut 2 – 1/2” dowels with a 45 degree angle on one end at least 4” long
3. Cut plywood 3 3/4” by 4”
4. Glue 1/2” cut dowels onto plywood joining ends together to create the 90 degree box
5. Clamp until dry
6. Cut 1/4” dowel with a 10-degree angle on one end and a 30-degree angle on the other end about 1” long
7. Once the glue has dried on the box, cut the bottom of the box at a 10-degree angle so that it leans back when sitting on a flat surface and cut the top so the box is 3.5” tall
8. Glue the short angled dowel on the back of the box to help hold the box up when standing
9. Paint your holder box
10. Line up 1/4” dowels on a flat surface as they’ll be displayed in the box
11. Use a ruler to draw six even lines on all the 1/4” dowels
12. Use a permanent marker to write in the calendar numbers 1-31
13. Rotate dowels and write in calendar numbers starting on the second line down
14. Rotate the dowel that starts with 3 and write in the calendar numbers but leaving off the 31 to account for months that have less than 31 days
Repeat with the dowels that start with 1 and 2
15. Cut vinyl or use letter stickers to add the days of the week to the holder
And you’re done! This project is seriously so simple. If you don’t want to handwrite your numbers, you could cut them out with vinyl or buy little stickers from the craft store.
Get the Supplies
Want a modern home on a budget?
Subscribe and get this FREE GUIDE to learn the tips, tricks, and my best resources to create a family-friendly modern home on a budget!