So you know that time you were headed to the rodeo and needed something country to wear? Or maybe you’re headed line dancing and want to fit in but couldn’t find your jean jacket? Well, today I’ve got you covered with this super simple bandana scarf that looks fabulous on my little model baby but would look awesome on you too! And when I say simple, I mean really simple!
All you need is some fun, lightweight fabric, some scissors, and a sewing machine. I found my fabric at my local fabric store and bought enough to make two for under $2. For a baby size bandana you need about a 15″ square. For an adult size I would double it.
Start by cutting your fabric into a square.
If your fabric is anything like mine it will unravel like your middle school relationships. So set your sewing machine to zigzag stitch and run all along each edge. This will help minimize the unraveling while you wear it.
Now all you need to do is fold it corner to corner to make a triangle and tie it around baby’s neck. Or yours if your headed to the rodeo like we did last weekend. You can see the cutie at the rodeo in her darling little bandana scarf here.
And that’s it! I told you it was super simple.
Want More Scarf Week Inspiration?
The sewing fun has only just begun! Be sure to chomp those
shark scarf teeth into each of these inspirational DIY projects hitting the blog-o-sphere today.
1. Quick and Easy Knit Infinity Scarf by It Happens in a Blink
2. Simplest DIY Lace Infinity Scarf by The Southern Couture
3. Sewing a Patchwork Loop Scarf by It Was Weekend
4. How to Make a Bandana Scarf for Baby by Burlap and Babies
5. Upcycled Scrappy Scarf by Lucky Scarf
6. Lace Trimmed Jersey Knit Scarf by One Dog Woof
7. Scrap-Busting Children’s Scarf With Pockets by Crafty Bonds
8. Easy to Sew DIY Two-Sided Scarf by Apron Strings & Other Things
9. Kids Infinity Scarf by The Crafting Nook
10. Wire Head Scarf Tutorial for the Beginner Sewist by The Thinking Closet
Here’s a glimpse at what’s coming up next!
To access all 5 days of Scarf Week, visit our co-coordinators, Lauren from The Thinking Closet and Vanessa from Tried & True. They’ll be updating their posts with the clickable collages as they go live this week. And you can also follow along with our hashtag, #ScarfWeek2015.
It’ll be wave after wave of killer inspiration, no fish-bones about it! And be sure to stop back here on Friday to see my scarf refasion! Stay scarfy!
Want a modern home on a budget?
Subscribe and get this FREE GUIDE to learn the tips, tricks, and my best resources to create a family-friendly modern home on a budget!