Have a beautiful scarf? See how to tie a scarf into a vest so you can wear it for any occasion!
Do you have a favorite scarf but sometimes it’s just not scarf weather? I have been running in to that problem all the time right now with this killer heat wave we’re in! I don’t wear necklaces anymore because squirt thinks it’s so fun to pull them and I’m not a pattern person typically, so what does that leave me with but boring, plain t-shirts? Until I discovered that you can take your awesome scarves and still wear them in this heat. So let me take a few moments here and show you how to turn a scarf into a vest that is perfect for any occasion. All you need is a scarf and a few conveniently placed knots and that’s it! Sorry, but infinity scarves won’t cut it for this one.
This is also my contribution to another fabulous day of DIY scarf inspiration. Check out everyone else’s posts at the bottom of this.
Take your scarf and hold it out. Take the two corners on a long side and tie them together.
Now grab the middle of the opposite long side and tie that onto the knot you just made and you’re done. Now you have two arm holes and can put it on with the knot at the base of your neck and your golden!
You just learned how to tie a scarf into a vest!
Want More Scarf Week Inspiration?
The scarf refashion fun has only just begun! Be sure to chomp those
shark scarf teeth into each of these inspirational D.I.Y. projects hitting the blog-o-sphere today.
Click the images above or links below to check ’em out.
1. From Childhood Memorabilia to Wall Art by It Was Weekend
2. A Vintage Boho Reading Nook: The Ceiling by The Gathered Home
3. Pom Pom Tassel Bag Charm by Ciburbanity
4. DIY Scarf Tray by Confessions of a Serial Do-It-Yourselfer
5. How to Turn Your Scarf into a Vest by Burlap & Babies
6. Turn a Vintage Scarf into a Lumbar Pillow by The Silly Pearl
7. Inexpensive Framed Scarf Art by Crafty Bonds
8. The Scarf: A Necessary Item in Every Child’s Dress-Up Box by Apron Strings & Other Things
9. Upcycled Scarf Planter by Upcycled Treasures
10. DIY Sparkling Infinity Scarf Refashion by The Crafting Nook
11. PJ Pants to Scarf Upcycle by Southern State of Mind
12. Furoshiki Book Bag by Tried & True
13. DIY Scarf Camera Strap by The Thinking Closet
Well, we’ve reached the grand finale of Scarf Week with today’s theme of Scarf Refashions, and grand it most certainly was! If you’re just tuning in, this was just one of five inspirational themes from this week. And you can check ’em all out by visiting our co-coordinators, Lauren from The Thinking Closet and Vanessa from Tried & True. And you can also explore all of the creative projects we’ve been sharing on social media by checking out our hashtag, #ScarfWeek2015.
This week has just been wave after wave of killer inspiration, no fish-bones about it! Thanks for coming along for the ride. It has been JAW-some!
Until next year…stay scarfy! Ok, cheesy puns over. Have a great day!!