I love these advent calendar activities for kids! So many simple and easy ideas to help spread the magic of Christmas.
What makes Christmas so special? The fun? The magic? The activities? The people? Seeing the joy on your kid’s face?
As I was putting together our advent calendar this year I wanted to have a good mix of easy activities and more exciting things to help bring the magic of Christmas. Since I was gathering activity ideas anyway I thought I’d write them all up for you in case you’re looking for some ideas.
Our advent calendar ladder turned out so cute! In case you missed it, see it here.
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. For more information, see my disclosure here.
1. Make a Christmas ornament
Popsicle stick snowflake — Too cute and what we’re planning on doing!
Crystal snowflake ornaments — These would be great for older kids!!
Cinnamon cookie ornaments — These look so cute and would smell amazing!
2. Make a Christmas card and mail it to someone special
3. Read a Christmas book
Start off the season right with a good Christmas book!
4. Decorate Christmas cookies
5. Put up Christmas lights
6. Open St. Nicholas presents (December 6)
7. Build a gingerbread house
8. Write a letter to Santa
9. Make paper snowflakes Here are some great templates to follow!
10. Color a Christmas coloring page
11. Make old-fashioned hot chocolate Here’s a recipe that looks delicious!
12. String popcorn to go on the tree
13. Play a board game
14. Go Christmas shopping for Daddy
15. Make a Christmas chain countdown
16. Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn
These are some great movie options:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- The Santa Clause
- Miracle on 34th Street
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
17. Visit Santa
18. Go ice skating
19. Sing Christmas carols around the fire
20. Go Christmas shopping for Mommy
21. Choose a toy (or multiple toys) to give to a shelter
22. Make s’mores
23. Dress up for candlelight dinner
24. Take pictures in front of the Christmas tree
The trick is to use a low f-stop and raise the ISO until your kid is bright enough sitting in front of the tree. Here’s a great article in case you need some more guidance.
25. Drive around and look at lights in our Christmas pajamas
26. Sleep under the Christmas tree
27. Wrap presents
28. Make a birthday cake for Jesus This is a great activity to do on Christmas Eve.
30. Read the Christmas story from the Bible
What are some of your favorite activities to do in December? I can’t wait to fill our days with fun holiday activities.
Get a modern home on a budget!
Grab this FREE GUIDE to create a family-friendly modern home on a budget!