Along with everything else in life, you can go so many different directions when it comes to Christmas decor. Traditional, rustic, farmhouse, eclectic, — the list goes on. When we moved into our home a few years ago I was faced with the daunting and exciting task of deciding what route we were going to go with this huge home we now needed to fill. We had always lived in small apartments saving every penny we could so we were pretty much starting from scratch when it came to decorations.
After some brainstorming, we decided we would go the more traditional route with lots of red and I loved the idea of decorating with mini Christmas trees. Through the years the collection has grown and each year I try to make a few more mini Christmas trees to add to the collection.
That’s why this year I thought I’d share with you some of the many creative mini Christmas tree decor ideas I’ve looked at for inspiration.
So with that, here’s 20+ DIY mini Christmas tree decor ideas to get the creative juices flowing. The possibilities are really endless but these ideas are just too great I had to share.
1. Burlap Mini Trees from A Crafted Passion
I’m a little biased about this one but don’t these burlap trees look so fun?? These are definitely one of my favorite Christmas decorations and really fit the space when I went through my burlap obsession. Find the easy tutorial here on how to make your own.
2. Mod Light Up Trees from Vitamini Handmade
This light up trees are so simple to make and add a little shimmer to those cozy Christmas evenings by the fire!
3. 3D Aluminum Trees from Go Make Me
Are your in-laws on the way over right now and you are in desperate in need of decorations? Well…this is the tree for you! A pair of scissors and some aluminum foil are all you need to make these classy little trees.
4. Gold Glitter Recycled Book Tree from Spalvotas Dryzuotas
This one might very well be my favorite! Love the gold glitter!!
5. Fuzzy Christmas Trees from Two Twenty One
Gotta love the shine on these ones! I’m sure my little girl would tuck one of these trees under each arm and carry them around with her everywhere she went!
6. Gold Leaf Tree from Consumer Crafts
These are so fun!! Gotta love putting the leaves back on the trees!
7. Mini Balsa Wood Trees from A Cup of Thuy
Balsa wood is so easy to work with and soft you can cut it with a knife. Besides, everything is cuter when it’s in mini size!
8. Mini Wooden Trees from Sugar & Cloth
These wooden trees from Sugar & Cloth are the perfect modern touch to your Christmas decor!
9. Glitter Mini Christmas Trees from A Crafted Passion
Paper cones, mod podge, and glitter are all you need to make these bad boys!
10. Red Pom Pom Trees from Alyssa and Carla
These yarn and pom pom trees would make the perfect Christmas craft to do with your littles!
11. Yarn Wrapped Trees from Twelve O Eight Blog
Am I the only one getting a Dr. Seuss vibe from these yarn wrapped trees? Too fun!
12. Craft Paper Trees from It All Started with Paint
Strong contrast and bold prints come together to make these awesome cut paper trees!
13. Bubble Burlap Christmas Tree from Vintage News Junkie
These rustic trees are perfect for bringing an earthy feel to your Christmas decorations!
14. Fresh Mini Christmas Trees from Sayyes
These wood round and branch trees make the perfect miniature Christmas trees for whatever festivities you might have planned!
15. Pine Cone Christmas Trees from Scissors and Spoons
A trip to your backyard and grab a can of spray paint and you’re good to go with these ones…
16. Book Page Christmas Trees from My Favorite Things Stamps
Who would have guessed that paper feathers would make such amazing tree dressing!
17. Pearl Mini Trees from DIY with Heather
These pearl and lace wrapped trees add just the right amount of elegance to your decorations.
18. Coffee Filter Tree from Crafts by Amanda
Grab the left over filters from your morning coffee, head over to your sewing room, and you’ll have everything you need to make these simple trees!
19. Christmas Tree Cones from Craft-o-Maniac
I love the strong, bright colors and clean styling of these trees!
20. Mini Pistachio Christmas Tress from Blessed Beyond Crazy
Now there is finally something to do with all of your leftover pistachio shells!
21. Mini Christmas Trees from Autry Blog
These trees are a great example of how you can make decorations with objects you can find around the house.
I love these all so much! Which one is your favorite?
Want a modern home on a budget?
Subscribe and get this FREE GUIDE to learn the tips, tricks, and my best resources to create a family-friendly modern home on a budget!